Search This Blog

It pays to keep your eye on the Bitcoin Exchange Rate

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Do you understand Kenyan history?

From regularly publishing this blog, I have noted the emergence of a dangerous breed of young Kenyans who are quick to compare our young nation with advanced western nations and they do so in total ignorance of our history. One recent careless comment on independence hero Thomas Joseph Odhiambo Mboya, better known as Tom Mboya brought this home to me very clearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris
Since you are a Kenyan history buff. Can you tell us who said this words justifyiying tribalism and corruption. Hint it is one of your favorite saints.

"What is seen in Washington and London as corruption is in Africa a system of reward. I do not keep this money for myself. I distribute it to worthy members of my tribe and friends of my tribe. That is our political system; it's very democratic. It is very old and honored."

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=96612

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails